ads

Your Ad Here

Link Refferal.

cricket world. news , udates , wallpapers , videos , pics , shedule , ipl , t20 , odi , test matches , etc

A day of highs and lows for Taylor





(CRICKET WORLD)







Ross Taylor had mixed emotions after he smashed the quickest Test century for New Zealand, only for his team to relinquish the initiative in the second Test against Australia at Hamilton.

Taylor reached his fifth Test ton in 81 balls to eclipse captain Daniel Vettori's record of 82 balls, set against Zimbabwe in Harare in 2005-06.

It was, however, a lone effort in a disappointing batting display by the hosts after they had taken the upper hand by bowling Australia out cheaply for 231 on the opening day.

With Taylor's 138 leading the way, the Black Caps were bowled out for 264 and then saw Australia take a two-run lead by stumps by reaching the close at 35 without loss.

"I had no idea [about setting the record], I had just heard what the ground announcer said. It was a bit embarrassing taking that off Dan in his 100th Test match," Taylor said.

"I was just relieved to get there. Getting out in the 90s the last couple of times was disappointing. It wasn't the best 100 I've scored but it was really good to get there.

"It's probably something I'll reflect on after the match, but at the moment I've got mixed emotions.

"I'm happy to have made the hundred but would liked to have scored a few more and got a bigger lead.

"We did miss the boat and were probably only one partnership away but we're still in the game.

"We need a good start tomorrow and if we can repeat our performance in the first innings with the ball we can put the pressure back on Australia."

Mitchell Johnson was the pick of the Australian bowlers with the left-armer taking four for 59 to put a below-par display in his side's 10-wicket win in the first Test behind him.

While fellow seamers Doug Bollinger and Ryan Harris were also a menace taking three wickets apiece, Johnson was at his fiery best as he operated above 150kph (93mph) for much of the innings.

"I looked at the last game and I was just trying to bowl the perfect ball a little too much, I was just trying to get it on the spot," Johnson said.

"I don't think I was really aggressive in that first Test and this Test I had a bit of a chat to (bowling coach) Troy Cooley and had a think about it and I came up with the fact I didn't bowl aggressively enough and that's what I wanted to do out here.

"Even though it was a slower wicket, I just wanted to bowl a few more shorter ones and have that follow-up being a good ball.

"I really tried to bowl quicker in this game and it definitely felt good.

"I enjoyed it and coming to the end of the season you have a bit more energy knowing you only have a certain amount of time to go."

0 comments

Posted in

Post a Comment