ads

Your Ad Here

Link Refferal.

cricket world. news , udates , wallpapers , videos , pics , shedule , ipl , t20 , odi , test matches , etc

McDermott puts his hand up for England role


Former Aussie speedster Craig McDermott has been short-listed alongside Victorian bowling coach David Saker, Warwickshire assistant coach Doug Brown, Gloucestershire bowling coach Stuart Barnes and erstwhile Proteas pace ace Allan Donald for the vacant England bowling coach post.

44-year-old McDermott, who claimed 291 wickets across 71 Tests before retiring in 1996, has been coaching rookie fast bowlers at Cricket Australia's Centre of Excellence, and hopes to put the experienced gained there to good use.

"I just put my hat in the ring and my employer, Cricket Australia, is aware of that. I've had an interview and so forth and I will let the process run its course. I don't really want to say a lot about it," he told the Herald.

"Working at the Centre of Excellence has been a valuable experience for me. It will continue that way if I'm not successful."

England lost longtime bowling coach Ottis Gibson to a more senior position with the West Indies in early February.

0 comments

Posted in

Post a Comment